Having to dry your car after cleaning is rather boring, my car detailer explained how a water filter helps with this and after some recommendations from Symon Parsley & Martin Crossley on the official Tesla UK Facebook page I purchased this setup.
- TDS PPM Meter
- 2 x 4.6 Litre DI Pressure Vessels
- 25 Litres of Virgin Resin
- Hozelock Pro Metal Connectors
- Hozelock Pro Gun
- Hozelock Ultimate Hose
- In-line filter (for water butts)
- 2 x 100L Water Butts with joining connector
- Draper Flexible Funnel (I cut most of this off as it was too small a hole)
- + all the items in my car cleaning kit
The previous filter was an Ionic Filter, they’re great but run out pretty quickly and you basically can’t refill them so it seems rather wasteful.
When pressure washing the car + snow foaming the Tesla I use water butt water with the in-line filter, this works well and uses roughly 1/4 of the 100L water butt for snow foaming and just over an additional 1/4 for pressure wash. So I can probably do two washes per full water butt.
In theory, I could place the resin filters between the water butt and the car for ‘free’ 10ppm water but I fear the filter would require more pressure.